A NEW BEGINNING
When it comes to doing the job, you’ve excelled.
But you’re ready to bring that excellence to a place where the quality of life is as tempting as the strength of the department.
That’s Knoxville and the KPD, and we’re actively recruiting lateral officers who meet our high standards.
We’re looking for outstanding certified Officers who are currently employed and have at least two years of continuous service with their current agency (security, corrections, military police, etc., do not qualify but are encouraged to apply to become a Police Officer). Lateral candidates participate in an abbreviated academy.
SALARY & BENEFITS
A city with an unbeatable cost of living. A job whose list of benefits and perks just keeps going.
|Annual Salary During Academy||$36,593|
|Police Officer Salary||$40,600-$54,810|
*Lateral Entry Salary: Applicants will receive a 2.5% pay increase for every year of current POST certified experience up to a total of 12.5%
COST OF LIVING
When it comes to cost of living, Knoxville is quite literally unbeatable.
|METRO AREA||AVERAGE HOME PRICE||40K in Knox
is Equal to
THE KPD OFFERS A COMPETITIVE PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES:
DO I QUALIFY?
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is 21 years old by the start of the Police Academy.
- Has a high school diploma or GED.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Legal Resident of the U.S. who is an Honorable Discharged Veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and applies for or obtains U.S. Citizenship within six years of hiring.
- Has a valid driver’s license.
- Has no felony convictions.
- Is in compliance with our tattoo policy. (Check Policy)
- Has been Honorably Discharged if they served in the military.
- Can pass a mental and physical exam and background check.
- Above all, shows integrity and good moral character.