Become A Cadet
A GATEWAY TO YOUR CAREER
Feel drawn to a career as a police officer but not yet 21?
The Police Cadet Program is a fantastic alternative. Open to those 18 and older, Cadets handle non-enforcement activities while receiving law enforcement training. After completing a month-long Cadet training academy, you’ll be put on assignments ranging from bicycle patrols, traffic control at special events (like UT games!), and parking enforcement to sobriety checkpoints and underage alcohol buys.
The next Cadet Academy will begin on March 7, 2022.
Cadet Benefits and Compensations
DO I QUALIFY?
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is 18 years old and not have reached 21st birthday upon entry into the Cadet program.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Legal Resident of the U.S. who is an Honorable Discharged Veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and applies for or obtains U.S. Citizenship within six years of hiring.
- Has a valid driver’s license.
- Is a high school graduate or its equivalent.
- Has no felony convictions.
- Above all, shows integrity and good moral character.