Become A Cadet
A GATEWAY TO YOUR CAREER
Feel drawn to a career as a police officer but not yet 21?
The Police Cadet Program is a fantastic alternative. Open to those 18 and older, Cadets handle non-enforcement activities while receiving law enforcement training. After completing a month-long Cadet training academy, you’ll be put on assignments ranging from bicycle patrols, traffic control at special events (like UT games!), and parking enforcement to sobriety checkpoints and underage alcohol buys.
Cadet Benefits and Compensations
DO I QUALIFY?
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is between the ages of 17 and 20.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Legal Resident of the U.S. who is an Honorable Discharged Veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and applies for or obtains U.S. Citizenship within six years of hiring.
- Has a valid driver’s license.
- Is a high school graduate or its equivalent.
- Has no felony convictions.
- Above all, shows integrity and good moral character.